Friday 22 February 2013

Blogging on a static website

I wanted a blog on my static website, but how was I going to add a blog without something like a WordPress engine.

Well to be philosophical, a static website cannot create dynamic data except through something like JavaScript (client-side processing) which I didn't want to do.

So why not use an existing dynamic blogging site and effectively embedding the blog HTML page into my current page using a html "iframe" element. In laymans terms piggyback an existing blogging site and direct my blogging page to this Dynamic Blogging site.


I chose www.blogger.com to hold my blog as I heavily use google for EVERYTHING why not use their blog as well. I created a yarrahouse.blogspot.com account and configured the layout to match that of my website www.yarrahouse.org page.

So when I complete some work or want to diarize some technical issue I create blog entries on www.blogger.com and its effectively mirrored on my static website.

In my blog.html webpage I include the code:  
<iframe src="http://yarrahouse.blogspot.com.au/"
             style="border: 0; scrolling:yes; width: 100%; height: 100%; min-height: 500px">
</iframe>
This code just puts the blog page into my static www.yarrahouse.org/blog.html page

No comments:

Post a Comment