Wednesday 1 July 2015

launch4j - Program packaging tool for Java applications

The audience for this blog

As with all my blogs the audience is  myself, a computer programmer not too bright who wants to know how to launch a Java App as a one-click executable

So the aim of this blog is to show how to create an executable program from a Java jar.file.

Introduction

I created this blog because a year ago I built the executable of FileConcatenator.exe but forgot how I did it.

The steps involved are quite simple, I may be skipping over some steps as I already have the launch4J configuration file which you can extract from fileConcatenator.zip.

Procedure

  1. Go to the Website http://launch4j.sourceforge.net/ and download the latest version
  2. Install the software
  3. Execute launch4j
  4. Set up the parameters for your application, in this example filesConcatinator:
Figure one to figure four illustrate the tabs required











Figure 1: Basic Tab indicating the jar file and the executable file

    Figure 2: Java runtime to include


     
    Figure 3: Version information

    Figure 4: Building the executable



No comments:

Post a Comment